• Elder Mediation Core and Specialized Training Objectives (.pdf) has been updated – Spring 2010.
• We petitioned the Association for Conflict Resolution, (ACR), Washington, D.C. to create a new elder section. The ACR board created the Elder Decision-making and Conflict Resolution Section in August, 2009. Bob Rhudy and Carolyn Rodis, along with Arline Kardasis of Elder Decisions in Norwood, MA, served as the founding tri-chairs of the section during August 2009-September 2010. You can join at the ACR website, acrnet.org.
• September 20, 2009: The Elder Mediation Core and Specialized Training Objectives, with Commentary has been finalized. We expect the work of the Elder Mediation Training Work Group, a national committee addressing the importance of standards for elder mediation training to be adopted by the Training Standards Committee of the ACR elder section. Senior Mediation and Decision-Making, Inc. is guided by these objectives in our trainings.
• SMDM produced and distributed Robert J. Rhudy, Consumers' Guide to Elder Mediation (Maryland Edition, June 2009)
• Hear Bob Rhudy interviewed on NPR Morning Edition on April 13, 2009 on elder mediation. Your Health – Mediators Help Families With Tough Choices Of Aging
• We are pleased to announce that our revised publication, Elder Mediation Today: Manual and Resource Guide, is available. A resource to both mediators and non-mediators, it costs only $17.50, including shipping. Please make your check payable to Senior Mediation and Decision-Making, Inc. and send to Bob Rhudy, 1204 Bolton Street, Baltimore, MD 21217. Contact Bob at (410) 669-7587 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
|© 2008-2012 Senior Mediation and Decision-Making, Inc. • All Rights Reserved|